Working Papers

School Districts in New York State are required, per NYS Education Law, to provide Employment Certificates, more commonly known as Working Papers. At Brockport High School this service has been provided through the Main Office.

During the period of school closures due to COVID-19, an alternative process has been put in place as follows.

Parents/guardians and minors complete the appropriate application form and email it to the district or school’s Certificating Officer. Fillable PDF versions of the AT-17 Application for Employment Certificate and AT-22 Application for Employment Permit are now available on NYSED’s Employment of Minors website. These forms allow digital signatures.

The Certificating Officer schedules a video call with the minor, and if required, the parent or guardian. During this video call, the minor presents required documentation as per the Certificating Officers Manual.

Certificating Officers may then complete the working card, sign it, and mail it to the minor. The minor should sign the card upon receipt. The requirement that the minor sign the card in the presence of the certificating officer is temporarily waived for the duration of New York’s COVID-19 school closures. Certificating Officers must continue to use approved working cards.

Please email Vicki Leverenz at if you have any questions or to submit your application for working papers.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.